<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Absolute Disgrace

If someone ever told me that I would consider the President of the United States a national disgrace, I would have told them that they were kidding me. That no presidential administration could be that bad. Well, yes they can:

"These are complicated companies," one CEO said. Offered another: "We’re competing for talent on an international market."

But President Barack Obama wasn’t in a mood to hear them out. He stopped the conversation and offered a blunt reminder of the public’s reaction to such explanations. "Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that." "My administration," the president added, "is the only thing between you and the pitchforks."


This is the sort of language one hears from a third rate racketeer or tin pot dictator. Not the leader of the free world. I'll leave for further discussion the extent to which the administration astroturfed these pitchforks to deflect from the growing resentment against the political class.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?