<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sometimes I Wonder Which Is Funnier

The Weekly World News or the New York Times. Specifically, I'm referring to their editorial review of last night's SOTU speech. Most of it is just boilerplate Times stuff "Blah blah blah...we hate Republicans....whine bitch piss moan...he should govern like a Democrat...yadda yadda yaddda...". But, the real belly laugh comes here:
Neither broken promises nor failed policies changed Mr. Bush’s mind. So the nation has been saddled with tax cuts that have turned a budget surplus into a big deficit...


Saddled?? SADDLED???!! Excuse me for a moment.

BWWAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

There, that's better. Sorry about that. Yeah saddled. I hear it every morning. The cries of the nation: "Please, President Bush, tax us more!" or "Damn it! I wish I could pay a larger tax bill!". I mean, even if you assume that the deficits are a consequence of lower taxes and not runaway spending, it's obviously not the case that the country is saddled, or burdened, with low taxes. Its burden, in that case, is from the deficit. For a paper that prides itself on its literary pretensions, you'd think the Times would at least be able to draw that distinction.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?